Buy a Used Motorcycle HelpHere you can find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.
Many of you have been asking for some customer protecting feature. Now we do offer you one. You can use Escrow as a mediator and be sure your money will reach seller's bank account after you are sure about the goods. So how does it work? First of all you have to contact your seller if he did not mention possibility of using Escrow in his advertisement. If you both agree about using Escrow you can make a registration on Escrow website.
So how does it work step by step?
- Buyer and Seller Agree to Terms
After registering at Escrow.com, both parties agree to terms of the transaction, which includes a description of the merchandise, sale price, number of days for the Buyer's inspection, and any shipping information.
- Buyer Pays Escrow.com
The Buyer submits an available payment option. Escrow.com verifies the payment. Processing time varies by payment method.
- Seller Ships Merchandise
Upon payment verification, the Seller is authorized to ship merchandise and submit tracking information. Escrow.com verifies that the Buyer receives the shipment.
- Buyer Accepts the Merchandise
The Buyer has a set number of days for an inspection and the option to accept or reject the merchandise. For more information, FAQs – Return Questions.
- Escrow.com Pays the Seller
Escrow.com pays the Seller by the method selected by the Seller. The transaction is complete.
Escrow.com, an accredited escrow company, acts as a secure third party to protect the Buyer and Seller.
How Buyers are protected:
- Escrow.com tracks the shipped merchandise and verifies it was delivered.
- The Seller isn't paid until the Buyer accepts the merchandise, or the inspection period expires.
How Sellers are protected:
- Escrow.com confirms when the Buyer receives merchandise.
- The Seller is authorized to ship only after Escrow.com verifies good funds.
Escrow.com is a recommended service. Although we have high confidence in Escrow.com we can not be held liable for its services. If you decide to use other escrow service you are free to do so.
By default your email address is not visible to the public. We use an anonymous contact form for your ad. You determine when a visitor sees your email address by replying to their inquiry. We strongly advise not to include your email in ad's description text.
You can also submit a ticket to our abuse department and we can look into the matter further.
There is no doubt that scams and fraud are the number one thing to be concerned with when you buy and sell on the Internet. We try our best here at Buy a Used Motorcycle to remove, stop, and block as many of these criminals as we can. It's our top priority because we don't like to see anyone taken advantage of. To help protect your hard earned money, we have put together a few things that will reduce the chances of you being scammed when you complete a transaction that is initiated through Buy a Used Motorcycle.
You should take the following precautions:
- Whenever possible meet face to face before completing any transaction.
- Never wire money to buyers or sellers.
- Never give out personal information such as your Social Security Number, checking account numbers, etc.
- Use your gut instinct. Don’t complete a transaction if you have a bad feeling about it.
- Overpayment Scam – The most popular scam on classified websites. A buyer or seller will send you a check for more than the transaction amount and request that you send them the difference. Their fake check payment may take up to 30 days to bounce and when it does you will be out the amount you sent back to the scammer.
- Fake Ads – We do a pretty good job of removing most fake ads. However, we don't walk on water and we do miss a few. Fake ads usually have an item priced way below their market value to entice many ad replies. An ad can usually be determined to be fraudulent when the "seller" wants to complete the transaction by using an over complicated payment and/or shipping method. If this happens, please discontinue contact with the criminal and contact us with the ad number.
- Phishing Scam – You receive an email that claims to be from Buy a Used Motorcycle or another Internet brand requesting that you complete a transaction, you need to update your account, etc. Buy a Used Motorcycle will never send you an email requesting such things.
- The easiest way to fight fraud is to meet face to face before you complete any transaction.
- You may want to Google the email address of a suspicious buyer/seller. You will find that scammers usually have fraudulent items posted all over the Internet.
- Use more caution when communicating with buyer/sellers that use free email accounts.
- Contact us and your local police department if you become a victim of fraud.